Thursday 8 November 2012

Eradicate H8

Just a quickie to show my support. As a brand spankin new blogger I definitely support this movement. Just as I was debating starting a nail blog it feels like the whole community blew up a little bit and it made me a little bit weary of joining. I'm not just new to blogging but also pretty new to nail art in general, so of course I am pretty shy of sharing my work. I know my manicures wont be the best yet, and my clean up is sometimes iffy but it has been incredibly reassuring to see the support of the community towards letting us newbies learn and grow. 
My purple manicure is Purple with a Purpose by OPI and the accent nail is Do You Lilac It also by OPI. I thought it was kind of dull on its own so I threw in some polka dots. Really simply and I think it's pretty cute.
 
'Bullying is not funny. It is not cool. It is not right. And more importantly, it is not okay.
Most of us are, thankfully, residents of countries that support tolerance and many of our families have settled in these places simply for that reason. Generations later, it is our responsibility to perpetuate that message of tolerance across our new social platforms, including the internet.

As members of the nail polish blogging community, we all share a love of beauty, color, and lacquer. Other than that, we are remarkably different: from our race to our religion to our hair color...even to our polish application techniques. To marginalize anyone because of those differences is completely unacceptable and today I take a stand against that. I refuse to allow other people's view of "normal" dictate how I behave, believe, and blog.

In solidarity with a multitude of bloggers linked below, my purple manicure represents my proud commitment to the No H8 movement. Today, November 8, I dedicate my post to ending bullying of any kind and to encouraging diversity and imperfection among our colorful community.'
Eradicate H8
 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I'll message you the inlinkz so you can add it to the bottom of your post =)

    ReplyDelete